Code Of Conduct
Members Agree To Abide By This Code
Expected minimum standards of behaviour and conduct
The club consists of many individuals who may have different or overlapping reasons for being involved in hockey. All are responsible for promoting high standards of behaviour, whether on or off the pitch, during the game, before or afterwards. It is the responsibility the individual club members to read, understand and if necessary, to ask clarifying questions about the policies.
On and off the field, I will:
- Respect the spirit of fair play in hockey. This is more than playing within the rules. It incorporates the concepts of teamwork, friendship, respect for others and always participating with the right spirit. This is the promotion of fair play over winning at any cost.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of team mates, the opposition and match officials, regardless of age, race, gender, ability, cultural background, sexuality, religion or belief.
- Conduct myself in a manner that takes all reasonable measures to protect my own safety and the safety of others. Act with integrity and objectivity, and accept responsibility for my decisions and actions.
- Promote the reputation of the sport, and the club, and take all possible steps to prevent them from being brought into disrepute.
- Protect myself and others involved in the game from verbal, physical or emotional abuse and threatening or intimidating behaviour.
- Never use inappropriate language or gestures. Ensure that my decisions and actions contribute to a safe, harassment-free environment.
- Give my best at all times and win or lose with dignity.
I understand that if I do not follow the Code, any/all of the following actions, or those set out in the club's Disciplinary Code (available for view on the club's website) may be applied:
- Be required to apologise to team-mates, the other team, umpire or team manager/ captain
- Receive a verbal (informal / formal), or written warning from the club committee
- Be suspended from any playing activity
- Be required to leave the club.
- No further action